Wednesday, September 7, 2011

An Experience with Solstice Scent's ENCHANTED FOREST Bath Salts

ENCHANTED FOREST* ~ Bright, fresh notes of woods, conifers, resins and subtle berry. (Bar soap, Dead Sea Salt Oatmeal Milk Bath)




I had the pleasure of purchasing one of the last bottles of perfume oils earlier this year and immediately fell in love with it. It smells exactly like the name. I had been asking Angela when she would be making the bar soap and baths salts... Lo and behold a month or so ago, she came out with both and I snapped up a ton of them!

My first bath in the salts was a magical one. I wrote down my thoughts right after getting out of the tub:


Angela- Well, I just spent the longest time in the bathtub I have *ever* spent in my entire life... over an hour.  I've never experienced a sensory memory like this before.  You know how excited I was to finally try your Enchanted Forest bath salts... When I got in the tub, I was immediately brought back 40 years ago when I was just a wee one, visiting my grandparents in the Catskill Mountains.  They were both immigrants from Ireland and retired to a small green and white cabin in the woods.  My grandfather and I would walk to the neighbors house which was perched on top of a steep mountain.  he would hold my hand and smoke his pipe while we walked up their very long driveway which was lined with many tall pine trees.  He had a walking stick in one hand, and held my little hand with his other.  The neighbors always kept their Sears Christmas catalogs for me.  While they visited and drank some old Irish whiskey, I would have a pen in my hand and would go thru each page, circling the toys I hoped Santa would bring me for Christmas.  On the way down the hill, we would gather the largest pinecones we could find and bring them back to the house for my grandma, who would tie red ribbons on them and hang them in the windows.  The house always smelled like pine and forest.  A simple childhood memory.. Yet one I had forgotten.. It brought tears to my eyes and warmed my heart.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment